Lyon have no security fears ahead of Besiktas return - Maxime Gonalons
Lyon captain Maxime Gonalons has said he has no concerns about security ahead of Thursday's Europa League quarterfinal second leg at Besiktas.
Last week's first leg was held up for around 45 minutes amid crowd problems.
Violence began outside the Parc OL stadium and continued inside, and the game was delayed after Lyon fans spilled onto the pitch to avoid being hit by missiles thrown by Besiktas fans.
UEFA responded by fining both clubs €100,000 and imposing suspended one-season bans from European competition.
The game in Istanbul comes days after the Ligue 1 match between Bastia and Lyon was abandoned when home fans invaded the pitch at the Stade Armand Cesari and attacked players on two occasions.
Gonalons said: "We have been warmly welcomed in Istanbul. We have no doubt about the security -- we're in a safe city.
"Besiktas and Bastia were played in difficult circumstances, but we have no doubt we'll be ready tomorrow."
No Lyon supporters will officially be present for the second leg, with the 2,100 seats usually reserved for away fans having been sold to Besiktas followers.
Besiktas president Fikret Orman has asked his club's fans to welcome a reduced Lyon delegation with "courtesy and dignity."
L'Equipe reported him as saying: "We played a match against Lyon, and a lot of regrettable things were said after the game.
"But that match is in the past. We have to forget that match. Lyon will come to our place and will be our guests."
However, a group of Besiktas "ultra" fans known as Carsi warned the visitors that "the stadium is going to collapse on their heads."
Ian is ESPN's French football correspondent. Twitter: @ian_holyman