What's trending: Mamadou Sakho suspended, Dele Alli banned
Here are the latest stories from Thursday.
- A tribunal has ordered Liverpool to pay Burnley £6.5 million in compensation for Danny Ings, who joined the Reds last summer. With incentives the fee could jump to £8m.
- Michael Cox examines the key matchups in the Europa League semifinal tie pitting Liverpool and Villarreal.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said he does not need to tell his players the importance of their Europa League semifinal first leg in Villarreal as they have more than proved their hunger for the competition.
- The chief constable of South Yorkshire Police, David Crompton, has been suspended in the aftermath of the Hillsborough inquest findings.
TOTTENHAM: Dele Alli has been suspended for three games after accepting a charge of violent conduct, for punching WBA's Claudio Yacob, and will miss Tottenham Hotspur's remaining three games of the season.
ATLETICO MADRID: Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone admitted his team came close to showing their best after they beat Bayern Munich 1-0 in Wednesday's Champions League semifinal first leg at the Estadio Vicente Calderon.
- In a Champions League semifinal billed as a tactical battle between Pep Guardiola and Diego Simeone, the Bayern boss was trumped by Atletico's Saul Niguez, writes Dermot Corrigan.
- Atletico Madrid match-winner Saul called his superb solo goal the most important and beautiful of his career, while Augusto Fernandez had his finest performance in an Atletico Madrid shirt earned a 9/10 in Joe Walker's ratings.
- Bayern possessed 75 percent of the ball at Atletico, but failed to make it count in a 1-0 loss, writes Mark Lovell in his player ratings.
- Thomas Muller has said he was unhappy at not starting his side's Champions League match on Wednesday.
REAL MADRID: Cristiano Ronaldo's mother, Dolores Aveiro, has said she is optimistic her son's fitness will be "at 100 percent" in time for next week's Champions League semifinal return leg against Manchester City.
- Despite Real Madrid's injury problems, James Rodriguez was an unused sub at Man City. It was the continuation of a recent trend, writes Gab Marcotti.
- Real Madrid have confirmed that Karim Benzema has suffered a hamstring injury, making the striker a doubt for Saturday's match against Real Sociedad.
- Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has said he is in "no hurry" to sign a contract extension and can wait until the end of the season for talks with the club.
- Wenger's continued faith in Olivier Giroud has to come to an end for Arsenal, both for the remainder of the campaign and the future, writes James McNicholas.
- Santi Cazorla could be back in the Arsenal squad for Saturday's game against Norwich City, Wenger has said, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain still needs more time in training before making his return.
- Manchester United have been drawn as the "away" side for the FA Cup final against Crystal Palace, meaning that they will wear white shirts, black shorts and white socks on May 21 at Wembley.
- TRANSFER TALK: Manchester United appear close completing a deal for Benfica's wonder kid Renato Sanches after Manchester City stepped away from the race for the 18-year-old, according to the Express.
ASTON VILLA: Aston Villa forward Gabriel Agbonlahor has stepped down as the relegated club's captain, saying: "I do not deserve to carry out such a role any more." It comes as he received a "substantial'' club fine, with the striker "reminded of his responsibilities as a professional footballer'' after a string of newspaper stories about his off-pitch behaviour..
CHELSEA: Dujon Sterling, Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori were the heroes as Chelsea's under-18s clinched a third successive FA Youth Cup with a 3-1 victory over Manchester City at rain-soaked Stamford Bridge.
14 - Atlético have kept a clean sheet in 14 of their last 16 Champions League matches at the Calderón. Fortress.- OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) April 27, 2016
Come back again for the more of the same every weekday.