A new UEFA-backed professional football league has started in Crimea after the peninsula was annexed by Russia last year.
Following the annexation of Crimea from Ukraine, the Russian Football Union tried to add Crimean clubs to its competitions but was blocked by UEFA, which set up a Crimea-only competition.
BEST OF ESPN FC
- Cox: England still rely on Rooney | Hislop: Power Rankings
- WhoScored: Deadline day deals | Alvarez: Real depth
- Hunter: Real 'win' De Gea saga | Marcotti: Both clubs lose
- Smith: The cult of the transfer | Miller: Moves not decisive
- Window Watch: Club-by-club | Cox: Best Prem transfers
- Delaney: Prem transfer grades | Horncastle: Euro grades
- Premier League highlights (U.S.) | TOTW | Power Rankings
- ESPN FC TV: Window buzz | Stale Chelsea | Man City smart
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | Fantasy | FC Podcast
The first match of the Crimean Premier League was a 2-2 draw Saturday between SKChF Sevastopol and TSK-Tavria Simferopol, with both new clubs using the facilities of old Ukrainian Premier League...
Mark Hughes hopes Stoke can bring in a "top, top quality player" this summer after confirming his interest in Dynamo Kiev winger Andriy Yarmolenko.
Hughes has already brought in seven new players since the end of the season with Stoke hoping to build on their best-ever Premier League finish of ninth last term.
Yarmolenko, 25, has been heavily linked with a switch to the Potters, and Hughes confirmed that the Ukraine international -- who recorded the joint-most assists (six) in last season's Europa...
Ukraine kept the pressure on the top two with a comfortable 3-0 victory from a dominant performance against Luxembourg in their Euro 2016 qualifying Group C clash at Arena Lviv on Sunday.
The home side began to apply the pressure early on but it took three second-half goals - from Artem Kravets, Denys Garmash and Yevhen Konoplyanka - to seal all three points to extend their unbeaten run to three matches.
The result leaves Mykhaylo Fomenko's side level on points with second placed Spain, with group...