Trending: England win Under-20 World Cup, Michael Bradley nets wonder goal
Monday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
- Liverpool-bound striker Dominic Solanke was named Under-20 World Cup Golden Ball winner after his performances in England's triumphant tournament.
- England boss Gareth Southgate has confirmed Tom Heaton and Jack Butland will share goalkeeping duties against France on Tuesday.
UNITED STATES: Michael Bradley scored a stunning early goal from about 40 yards and the U.S. hung on for a 1-1 draw against Mexico in a World Cup qualifier on Sunday night, gaining only its third point in team history at Azteca Stadium as coach Bruce Arena changed seven starters and used a five-man defense to overcome the thin air and short recovery time.
- U.S. manager Bruce Arena hailed his team's ability to follow its tactical game plan.
- Mexico coach Juan Carlos Osorio said the United States came to the Estadio Azteca with a defensive plan and that his team lacked the creativity to overcome the resistance.
FRANCE: France midfielder Blaise Matuidi has called on fans to sing the English national anthem as a tribute to the Manchester and London terror attack victims when the two sides meet in a friendly on Tuesday.
- Swedish minnows Vasteras are set to receive a substantial windfall that will wipe out their debts after Manchester United agreed a deal to sign Benfica centre-back Victor Lindelof.
CHELSEA: Diego Costa has raised the possibility of signing for Atletico Madrid and joining another club on loan until their transfer ban ends in January.
EVERTON: Everton are in talks to sign Malaga striker Sandro Ramirez and are interested in Ajax midfielder Davy Klaassen, sources close to the Premier League club have told ESPN FC.
BARCELONA: Barcelona reunited their 1992 Dream Team on Saturday to remember the club's first-ever European Cup win 25 years on, but one former director felt the celebration was marred by poor attendance.
- Gianluigi Donnarumma has hinted that he will stay with the Serie A club, telling Italian magazine GQ that he is looking for a home in the Lombardy city.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.