Shkupi

Lopetegui expecting 'tweaks' to Madrid's squad

Real Madrid

Mourinho: Ronaldo will improve Serie A

Juventus

Ronaldo: It was 'easy to decide' to join Juventus

James won't make early Madrid return - agency

Manchester United's Matteo Darmian 'open' to Juventus, Inter Milan, Napoli transfer

Thibaut Courtois believes Marouane Fellaini is a useful player for both Belgium and Manchester United, after he signed a new two-year deal at Old Trafford.
ESPN FC's Ligue 1 correspondent Julien Laurens shares his thoughts on Manchester United and Manchester City's links with PSG forward Kylian Mbappe.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho thinks England have the quality and experience to win the World Cup.
While Diogo Dalot may not be a Man United regular next season, Shaka Hislop feels it's a statement of intent for the future.

Matteo Darmian is "open" to a move away from Manchester United in a bid to play more regular football, and has suggested a move back to Serie A could happen.

The full-back started just five Premier League games last season and has been heavily linked with a return to Italy after his chances of first-team football have diminished further with the arrival of Diogo Dalot, who can play at right-back and left-back, from Porto.

"United are the top, but it's only normal that I want to be a protagonist," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I've still got a year on my contract and we haven't discussed renewing. My agent knows what I want.

"Juve, Inter, Napoli or somebody else -- it's not for me to say. If it were to happen, I would go for the best solution. The doors are open."

Sources have told ESPN FC that United have been in talks with Juventus but that the two clubs have so far failed to agree a fee.

Jose Mourinho was keen to keep Darmian last summer but, according to sources, he is willing to listen to offers for the Italy international ahead of the new season.

"United opposed it [last summer], saying that they could not sell me," Darmian added. "It was a show of faith in me, and I also wanted to fight for a chance myself, after only a year with Mou."

Darmian arrived at Old Trafford in 2015 in a £12.7 million move from Torino and has made 85 appearances in three seasons at the club, scoring once.

Rob is ESPN FC's Manchester United correspondent. Follow him on Twitter @RobDawsonESPN.

Comments