Monaco's Kylian Mbappe to 'sort through' transfer options over summer
Kylian Mbappe has said he will "sort through" the options he has while on holiday with his family in the summer and revealed that Real Madrid "have been trying to sign me since I was 14."
The 18-year-old Monaco striker is pondering the next potential step in his career, with a source telling ESPN FC last week that two clubs had made bids of more than €100 million for him.
Real Madrid, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been linked with Mbappe, who only signed his first professional contract a year ago, and asked about Madrid he told Canal +: "They have been trying to sign me since I was 14."
Speaking to reporters after helping France to a 3-2 win over England on Tuesday, he said: "We're going to go away as a family and we're going to think it over.
"For the moment, I'm going to leave my suitcases in Paris, because we're here. I can't take them with me. We'll have to sort through things, see what happens with the club. I'm under contract, I'm not free."
Monaco's owner, Russian billionaire Dimitri Rybolovlev, recently said he would not stand in a player's way as long as the price was right.
Mbappe's stunning displays in Monaco's Ligue 1 title win and run to the Champions League semifinals have seen him become one of the most sought-after players in world football.
Ian is ESPN's French football correspondent. Twitter: @ian_holyman