Agency dispute could stall Kelechi Iheanacho's Man City exit - source
Kelechi Iheanacho's proposed summer move away from Manchester City to get more playing time could be stalled, at least until a dispute with his former representatives is sorted out, a source close to the case says.
Iheanacho, now represented by Stellar Group, is involved in a lawsuit with his former representatives, U.S.-based First Eleven Management, over his image rights.
A source close to the player says a decision is expected in no less than a fortnight.
"Nothing can happen [with regards to a transfer] until this issue is resolved," said the source, who did not wish to be named in order to protect the case.
In December, Iheanacho asked a Pennsylvania courts to dissolve his contract with First Eleven and all the parties involved, while also seeking punitive damages, attorneys' fees and expenses.
Both West Ham United and Everton are considering a move for Iheanacho this summer, sources told ESPN FC earlier on Friday.
Iheanacho has found first-team opportunities limited following the arrival of Gabriel Jesus in January and could fall further down the pecking order this summer as coach Pep Guardiola looks to add to his squad.
The 20-year-old has played just 111 minutes in the Premier League since the turn of the year.
Colin Udoh is the West African editor for KweséESPN. Follow him on Twitter @ColinUdoh.