Wolfsburg's Julian Draxler rejects reports of a return to Schalke
Julian Draxler says he will not leave Wolfsburg to return to Schalke in the summer trasnfer window.
Draxler, 22, was linked with a return to his hometown club Schalke last week, only one year after his €35 million move away from the Veltins Arena.
But both clubs rejected the report and, speaking to kicker on Tuesday, the attacking midfielder confirmed that there is no truth to the rumour.
"It's not my issue," Draxler said. "I don't know anything about it."
Best pics from the training session on Tuesday. pic.twitter.com/liwztoZ6KX- VfL Wolfsburg EN (@VfLWolfsburg_EN) May 10, 2016
The Germany international has resumed team training at Wolfsburg, just in time for a return to action at the 2016 European Championship.
There had been worries that the 2014 World Cup winner could miss the upcoming Euros after picking up an injury against Real Madrid in the Champions League quarterfinals at the start of April.
But he took part in training on Wednesday and is eyeing a return to the Wolfsburg team in their final match of the season against Stuttgart.
"It was my goal to play again this season," Draxler said. "And I will probably achieve it if the training sessions go well. This gives me a good feeling for things that are coming up after that."
Germany are set to announce their preliminary European Championship squad next Tuesday.
Stephan Uersfeld is the Germany correspondent for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @uersfeld.