Philippe Senderos leaves Aston Villa by mutual consent
Switzerland defender Philippe Senderos has left Aston Villa.
Senderos, who had previously played in England for Arsenal, Everton and Fulham, joined Villa in June 2014 after a spell in Spain with Valencia.
But the 30-year-old centre-back played only nine times for Villa with his final appearance coming in a goalless draw at West Ham in November 2014.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"Aston Villa and Philippe Senderos have mutually agreed to terminate the defender's contract," a statement on the official club website read.
"The club wishes Philippe all the best in his future career."
Senderos told Tages Anzeiger earlier this month that the Swiss Super League may be an "ideal solution" as he bids to resurrect his career.