Daniel Amartey close to joining Leicester from FC Copenhagen
Leicester City are in talks to sign Ghana international Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen after having a £5 million bid accepted, sources have told ESPN FC.
Copenhagen confirmed the negotiations for Amartey, who can play in defence or midfield, on Thursday.
The Danish club said in a statement: "There are rumours today in the market that FC Copenhagen is planning to sell the football player Daniel Amartey to English club Leicester City.
"FC Copenhagen can confirm that it has received an offer for Daniel Amartey from Leicester City. Negotiations between the parties are ongoing."
The 21-year-old had recently been linked to a host of clubs, including Liverpool, Bournemouth, Wolfsburg, Marseille and Monaco, and his agent, Hasan Cetinkaya, said last month that the player was eager to move on.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"Many top European clubs are interested in him. French clubs are no exception," Cetinkaya told footafrica365.fr. "There are recruiters who watch him at every game. Today Daniel is ready to move up a gear by joining a club at the highest level."
ESPN FC correspondent Peter O'Rourke contributed to this report