Bayern star Robert Lewandowski's agent confirms English interest
Robert Lewandowski's agent has confirmed there is Premier League interest in the Bayern Munich striker but suggested a move is unlikely.
Lewandowski, 27, has been in excellent form this season, scoring 14 goals in the Bundesliga and a total of 19 in 17 appearances in all competitions.
His fine form has led to links with a host of European clubs and, asked about the striker's English suitors, his German agent Maik Barthel told Sport Bild: "It would be wrong to say there is no interest."
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Lewandowski has been linked with a move to Liverpool after the appointment of his former Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp, but the Poland international is under contract until 2019 and appears to have little interest in leaving the Allianz Arena.
Barthel added: "All of us should respect that Robert has a contract at FC Bayern."
Manchester United were also linked in the summer but another of Lewandowski's agents, Cezary Kucharski, said at the time that Lewandowski is "in good hands in Munich."