Chelsea's John Terry praises Everton defender John Stones
Chelsea captain John Terry has offered fulsome praise of Everton defender John Stones, amid fresh speculation over a bid from the Premier League champions for the England defender.
Everton have made it clear that they will not welcome a bid for their 21-year-old defender, but Terry was quick to praise Stones in an interview with talkSPORT.
"I have seen a lot of games and I am a big fan of his," Terry said. "He pulls wide of the box and wants the ball and for a young defender to do that in the Premier League takes some guts.
- Terry: Cech worth '12 to 15 points a season'
- Courtois and Cech friendly rivals
- Loftus-Cheek: Mourinho criticism correct
- Falcao will thrive at Chelsea - Colombia coach
- 50/50 Challenge: Would Falcao succeed at Chelsea?
- ESPN FC TV: Falcao a gamble worth taking - Burley
- Mourinho excited by Stamford Bridge expansion
"He is exceptional with both feet, he is a ball-playing centre half which you need to be these days.
"He is extremely confident. He looks to play from the back and that can only be good for English football that the likes of him are coming through. He is definitely one I have been impressed by."
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed that he is looking to add a defender to his squad this summer, with Terry's comments likely to fuel rumours that Chelsea will make a move for Stones.