Liverpool and West Ham eye Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna - sources
Liverpool and West Ham scouts are keen to watch Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna during Saturday's Champions League final against Barcelona, sources have told ESPN FC.
Ogbonna could replace the injured Giorgio Chiellini if Andrea Barzagli is also ruled out of the showpiece in Berlin.
The 26-year-old has struggled to hold down a place in Massimiliano Allegri's starting XI, but he could be thrown into the fray as Juventus go in search of an historic treble against Barcelona.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Ogbonna has made 18 starts for Juventus this season and, with defensive reinforcements needed, Premier League duo Liverpool and West Ham have been monitoring his situation closely despite the fact he has three years left to run on his contract.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to resolve his side's defensive frailty and, with doubts surrounding the long-term future of Martin Skrtel after he branded the club's offer of a new deal "unacceptable," Rodgers could step up his interest in Ogbonna.
West Ham are also long-term admirers of the centre-back and are ready to make a move if he becomes available this summer.
The Italian international joined Juventus from Torino in 2013, but he has made just 32 starts in Serie A for the Bianconeri in the last two seasons and has been unable to dislodge the central defensive axis of Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci.