Monaco have signed Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a season-long loan from Fulham.
Stekelenburg endured a disappointing campaign with Fulham last season as they were relegated from the Premier League and the 31-year-old subsequently failed to make Netherlands' World Cup squad.
Monaco had been expected to sign former Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes earlier this summer only to back out of the deal, and the Ligue 1 side were also reported to be close to signing Real Madrid's Diego Lopez, who now appears set to join AC Milan.
They eventually settled on Stekelenburg, who will compete with Danijel Subasic for the No. 1 spot, and Monaco's vice-president and CEO, Vadim Vasilyev, told the club's official website: "We are happy to have another goalkeeper with such international experience. He has played the final of the 2010 World Cup with the Netherlands."
Stekelenburg added: "I am happy to be a part of the project of the club. I am fully going to give myself for my new colours. I am a 'technical' goalkeeper. I like playing far from my goals and helping the team."
Prior to the confirmation of the move, Fulham boss Felix Magath had told the media: "He's a player that wants to leave and I'm not a manager who cares about players who don't identify with the club.
"That was a problem last season. I told everybody you can stay here, you can work with me, I will work with you but if you don't want to with me please leave. I don't want to work with players who have no heart for the club. They will have no chance here now."
Monaco also announced on Saturday that Portuguese midfielder Bernardo Silva has joined on a season-long loan from Monaco.
Vasilyev told the Monaco website: "We are pleased Bernardo Silva is joining us. We've been monitoring him for a long time, as he's one of the big up-and-coming talents in Portuguese football. Here, he'll develop his game alongside our experienced pros and give us the benefit of his abilities."
Monaco will have the option to sign the player permanently at the end of the loan.