Bristol City

PSG sign free agent Lassana Diarra

Transfer Rater: Mo Salah to Real Madrid

LA Galaxy sign ex-Union mid Pontius

LA Galaxy
 By PA Sport

Jordon Mutch joins QPR from Cardiff

Jordon Mutch has signed a four-year contract with QPR to complete his move from Cardiff.

The 22-year-old midfielder is expected to link up with his new Loftus Road teammates on Thursday after Rangers agreed an undisclosed fee with the Bluebirds.

QPR secured Mutch's transfer after making an improved offer to Cardiff nearing the six million pound-mark, according to Press Association Sport.

Manager Harry Redknapp has backed his third signing of the summer to reach "the next level'' at the west London club.

"Jordon's a fine young player, with a big, big future,'' Redknapp said. "He's already shown what he can do at this level with Cardiff last season with a decent goals return -- and this move will provide him with a great platform to take his game on to the next level.

"He wants to learn and improve his game. He's a good pro with a great attitude and this is a big opportunity for him at QPR.''

Mutch scored seven goals and produced five assists for Cardiff in Premier League action last term, and is delighted at securing an immediate return to top-flight football.

"I'm really delighted to be here, back in the Premier League,'' he said.

"I don't see a better place for me than QPR at the moment. The club is heading in the right direction and I'm really excited about the season ahead.

"I thought I had a good first season in the Premier League last year with Cardiff, so I was delighted when QPR came in for me and offered a route back to the top-flight.

"I'm really happy to be here and hopefully we can do well this season.''

Comments