Manchester City target Medhi Benatia has joined Roma on their preseason tour of the U.S. and ruled out a move away from the Italian capital this summer.
Benatia, 27, has been targeted by clubs in England -- most notably the Premier League champions -- while Barcelona have also been linked with the Morocco international.
However, after having a prohibitive valuation of 61 million euros placed on him by the Serie A club, he is now resigned to staying at the Olimpico.
SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW ASSESSMENTS
PREMIER LEAGUE: Arsenal | Aston Villa | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Hull City | Leicester City | Liverpool | Man City | Man Utd | Newcastle | QPR | Southampton | Stoke | Sunderland | Swansea | Tottenham | West Brom | West Ham
"I'm staying here, definitely," Corriere Dello Sport quotes Benatia as saying to Roma fans as the team departed the city's Fiumicino airport on Monday.
Benatia signed for Roma from Udinese in 2013 and went on to start all but four Serie A matches for the Giallorossi last term in a campaign that saw them go unbeaten throughout the entire first half of the season.
Transfer window roundup
- Premier League: Team-by-team ins and outs
- Transfer Centre: All the done deals
- Marcotti: Mind-boggling transfers
- Delaney: What did we learn on deadline day?
- Horncastle: European transfer grades
- Smith: Transfers more important than the game?
- Macintosh: We worship goals, not balance sheets