PSG want Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria - Laurent Blanc
Laurent Blanc has confirmed Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing Angel Di Maria from Manchester United.
However, Blanc believes it will be tough for PSG to recruit the former Real Madrid winger because of competition from other clubs and the cost of the deal.
The Argentina international cost a British record fee of £59.7 million when he moved to Old Trafford last August and United would be reluctant to make a major loss on him.
French champions PSG were unable to afford Di Maria 11 months ago as their spending was limited by UEFA as part of their punishment for failing financial fair play, but those restrictions have been lifted and Blanc has confirmed Di Maria is on their shortlist.
"We have our priorities," former United defender Blanc told L'Equipe, "but to strengthen such a team you must target guys who are at big clubs and who are not easy to prise away. That's hardest for PSG.
"Di Maria, he's good. We have more freedom, but it remains a difficult project for us because we're not alone in wanting him. When you see the financial power of the English clubs, they are attacking everyone. Competition is very, very tough.
"Don't forget, Manchester United paid a fortune to sign him. For us to work effectively, we have to think of other solutions. We must be proactive."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Bayern Munich have also been linked with Di Maria, but captain Philipp Lahm suggested the winger would cost too much for the German champions.
Di Maria scored four goals in 32 matches for United last season but only began one of their final 10 matches after being sent off in the FA Cup defeat to Arsenal in March.