Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson has treatment on heel injury
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has undergone a specialist procedure in the United States in an attempt to cure an ongoing heel problem, according to Press Association Sport.
Henderson travelled to the United States on Monday to seek expert advice from New Jersey-based Dr. John Cozzarelli.
Sources have confirmed to ESPN FC that since arriving he has been assessed and has undergone a procedure that involves a series of injections but he has not had surgery.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Henderson has missed the last three matches with the problem and in his absence the team have earned just one point, in a goalless draw at Arsenal.
The side has missed his dynamism and particularly his forward running but with no date set for his return, Rodgers has to find a way of rejuvenating his midfield as James Milner, Emre Can and Lucas Leiva struggled in defeats against West Ham and Manchester United.