Ravel Morrison hints at January departure from Lazio on Twitter
Lazio midfielder Ravel Morrison has indicated that his time at the club could be drawing to a close only months after he arrived.
Morrison, an unused substitute as a below-strength Lazio beat Rosenborg in the Europa League, wrote on Twitter: "January.."
The former Manchester United and West Ham midfielder, 22, joined the Biancocelesti as a free agent in July, but has so far played less than an hour in Serie A.
January..- ravel morrison (@morrisonravel) October 22, 2015
His tweet indicates that he will seek a new club when the winter transfer window opens in January -- but Lazio have not given up on his move working out.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"Ravel Morrison is one of those classic footballers who is a bit eccentric," sporting director Igli Tare told Sky Sport Italia.
"Without doubt he's an outstanding player because he's got some great moves. His problem is that he's crazy. People like him need time, but his time will come."
Earlier this season, coach Stefano Pioli said Morrison's lack of action was due to his inability to speak Italian, which was slowing down his integration within the squad.
Morrison responded to those remarks on Twitter, writing that Carlos Tevez did not learn Italian when he was a Juventus player.