Election reaction - England's Greg Dyke expects quick Sepp Blatter ouster
England's Football Association chairman Greg Dyke says he would be "very surprised" if Sepp Blatter was still FIFA president in two years.
Blatter saw off the challenge from Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan after a week which saw seven FIFA officials arrested and 18 people connected to football indicted on corruption charges by the US justice department.
The Swiss won the first round by 133 votes to 73 and, after Prince Ali decided to withdraw ahead of the second round, the 79-year-old was installed as FIFA president for another four years.
Earlier on Friday, Dyke backed the idea of a co-ordinated European boycott of the World Cup -- and speaking after the vote in Zurich, he said: "This is not over by any means.
"To quote the Attorney General this is the beginning of the process, not the end. The idea Blatter could reform FIFA is suspect. I'd be very surprised if he was still in this job in two years time."
The chief executive of the Football Association of Ireland also believes the latest FIFA crisis will mean Blatter will not see out his four-year term.
"I still think this is the beginning of the end of Sepp Blatter," John Delaney told Press Association "I don't see him seeing his four years out -- the momentum is too great. We have to see how best we can use the European muscle. We also need to go on a charm offensive with Africa and Asia."
Two days after personally asking Blatter to resign, UEFA president Michel Platini reiterated his desire for change within FIFA, while congratulating 39-year-old Prince Ali for his "admirable campaign."
The Frenchman said: "I am proud that UEFA has defended and supported a movement for change at FIFA, change which in my opinion is crucial if this organisation is to regain its credibility.
"I congratulate my friend Prince Ali for his admirable campaign and I take the opportunity to thank all the national associations who supported him."
- Prince Ali confirms intention to run for FIFA president
- FIFA not credible with Blatter - Ali | Investigation
- Chung slams Platini | Platini announces candidacy
- Marcotti: Carrard talks Blatter-style nonsense
- Blatter resigns | What you need to know | Social
- FIFA officials arrested at dawn in Zurich | The defendants
- Munson: The legal implications | What has been said
- Explainer: FIFA's ugly game | Timeline of corruption
The United States delegation was among the more vocal of supporters for Prince Ali after nominating him in February, and U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati was the first to embrace Ali after his concession speech.
Gulati later wrote in a statement: "While we are disappointed in the result of the election, we will continue to push for meaningful change within FIFA.
"Our goal is for governance of FIFA that is responsible, accountable, transparent and focused solely on the best interests of the game. This is what FIFA needs and deserves, and what the people who love our game around the world demand.
"We congratulate President Blatter and it is our hope he will make reform his number one priority to ensure the integrity of the game and provide a bright future for the sport across the world."
Several South American nations joined European countries and the U.S. in voting for Prince Ali.
Rodolfo D'Onofrio, vice president of the Argentine Football Association, told Argentine media that CONMEBOL members met Friday morning and decided to vote for Prince Ali. He said he doesn't know if all members went through with it, but that Argentina voted for the challenger.
"In Argentina we clearly thought that we needed a change and we voted for a change," D'Onofrio said. "I think CONMEBOL too, that was the previous agreements. I don't know what happened in the booth."
Former Portuguese international Luis Figo, who was the last to withdraw from the presidential election before the FIFA Congress, said Blatter's re-election was a clear sign of "how the organization is sick."
"This vote has only served to endorse the election of a man who can't remain in charge of world football," Figo wrote on Facebook. "Instead of what Mr. Blatter said, the happenings of last Wednesday were not bad for football: they were bad for FIFA and for all the responsible that lead the organization until now. Football is not guilty but is the governing body's leaders, who should regulate it, that have no integrity or honesty"
Figo continued by calling for Blatter's resignation.
"If Mr. Blatter were minimally concerned about football, he would have given up of the reelection," Figo wrote. "If he has a minimal of decency, he will resign in the next few days."
Warnings also rang out from World Cup sponsors, who are under pressure to reconsider their financial backings of FIFA in the wake of the investigations.
A statement from Budweiser read: "We expect the next FIFA presidency to resolve internal issues, install positive change and adhere to strong ethical standards and transparency. Through our sponsorship, we have time and again seen the power of soccer in bringing people together and this is what FIFA must represent for football fans around the globe."
While Coca-Cola wrote: "FIFA must now seize the opportunity to begin winning back the trust it has lost. We urge FIFA to take concrete actions to fully address all of the issues that have been raised, in a swift and transparent manner."