ESPN FC's predictions: Germany will win it all
Our experts make their picks for Sunday's final at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro:
Which team will win the World Cup final: Germany or Argentina?
Our experts don't believe Lionel Messi and Argentina will solve powerhouse Germany.
12 -- Germany
1 -- Argentina
A list of our ESPN FC voting panel and their score predictions for the final:
- Roger Bennett: Germany 2-0
- Michael Cox: Germany 1-0 on a header from a set piece
- Andy Mitten: Germany on penalties (after 0-0 draw)
- Miguel Delaney: Argentina 1-0
- Iain Macintosh: Germany 1-0; Thomas Muller with the winner
- John Brewin: Germany on penalties (after 1-1 draw)
- Raphael Honigstein: Germany 2-1
- Richard Jolly: Germany 2-1
- Jeff Carlisle: Germany 2-1
- Graham Hunter: Germany 1-0
- Doug McIntyre: Germany 1-0
- Chris Jones: Germany 2-0
- Kevin Palmer: Germany 2-0
Argentina vs. Germany (3 ET: ABC & WatchESPN)
- Marcotti: Can Messi deliver one more time?
- Honigstein: Germany to seize the moment
- Marcotti: German eyes are on the prize
- Cox: Five key World Cup final matchups
- Kuper: Maradona's shadow looms large
- Carlisle: Can Germany end Europe's drought?
- ESPN FC writer predictions
- Jones: Looking back at the World Cup
- Hornby: Has the World Cup been that good?