France Women's bonus 10 percent of men's
France's players will each earn a €40,000 bonus if they win the Women's World Cup on July 7 on home soil -- just under 10 percent of the €334,000 the men got for their triumph in Russia last summer.
The figure was decided by Noel Le Graet, the head of the French Football Federation (FFF), after discussing it with the team's captain Amandine Henry and some of her teammates.
"We negotiated with the president," Henry said in a news conference on Thursday at the Parc des Princes. "He told us that our bonus would be 30 percent of the money the federation will receive from FIFA.
"That's how it is. Right now, we are focused on the football and we don't think about that [the bonuses]."
If Les Bleues are losing finalists, they will each get €30,000 bonus, way -- which, again, is much less than the €239,000 the men would have received with defeat to Croatia at the Luzhniki Stadium last July. A third place finish will earn them each €20,000, while the men were looking at €209,000.
The women will get nothing if they finish fourth or lose before the semifinal stage. However, the men would have received €133,000 each for a defeat in the quarterfinal in 2018 -- which is what they earned in 2014 after losing to Germany at the same stage.
Le Graet's decision was based on the same criteria than for the men. In 2018, they also shared 30 percent of the money received by the FFF from FIFA.
The same will apply for the women this summer but the president could have decided to allow a higher percentage to the Women's team considering that the allocation from FIFA for each country in the Women's World Cup is significantly less than in the men's.
Last week, the France Women's team, who had been training and living at Clairefontaine, had to move out to let the men's side take up residence to prepare for their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Turkey and Andorra on Saturday and next week.
It was a controversial decision both agreed by Didier Deschamps and Corinne Diacre, the France Women's team head coach.
"There were some critics but not from us [the players]," Henry added -- refereeing to the incident on Thursday. "We knew it was going to happen this way.
"The organisation was sorted a while ago. We were very good where we were and were able to use all the pitches at Clairefontaine. We have prepared for this World Cup in excellent condition."
The French players moved to the nearby and more luxurious Domaine de la Voisine but still trained at Clairefontaine.
"We had talked about it with Didier Deschamps," Diacre said. "The men's team has the priority, it has always been like this, and even more since last July.
"The most important for me was to train on quality pitches and we did so there is no debate."