Sam Allardyce: I've had no contact with Everton about Goodison Park job
Sam Allardyce has again said he is willing to speak to Everton about their managerial vacancy but denied having already discussed it with major shareholder Farhad Moshiri.
Reports on Tuesday claimed Moshiri had already made contact with the former England boss.
And while Allardyce said he had not had talks with Moshiri, he would be open to an approach.
He told talkSPORT: "Nothing, at the minute. It's like everything else, if someone comes calling there is the opportunity to speak, there's no doubt about that."
When Allardyce was asked whether any contact had been made by Moshiri he replied: "No. No. No."
It has been suggested Everton were looking for Allardyce, who reportedly wants former Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare as his assistant, to sign a deal until the end of the season.
However, Press Association Sport reported that the club were looking for a longer-term solution as part of the ambitious project being put together by Moshiri, which includes the building of a new stadium.
Everton's under-23 coach David Unsworth remains in temporary charge of the first team and the plan is for him to continue to take coaching during the international break.
The former Everton defender was effectively given a four-match audition for the job after Ronald Koeman's sacking, but has lost three of those games.
Despite that, Everton are in no rush to appoint their next permanent manager and it could be next week before there is any movement.
Ex-Goodison Park manager Roberto Martinez said Unsworth's lack of top-flight experience counted against him, telling talkSPORT: "The Premier League is such a demanding league -- you have to have some sort of experience.
"If the goal now for the manager arriving at Everton is to win silverware or try to get as close to Europe, you need experience."