Trending: Shkodran Mustafi in talks with Arsenal, Brazil qualify in Olympics
Here are the latest stories for Thursday.
ARSENAL: Shkodran Mustafi's agent says the Valencia defender is in talks with Arsenal but that the clubs are still negotiating a transfer fee.
- However, Arsene Wenger has told talkSPORT that Arsenal will have to find an "internal solution" to their centre-back problem for Sunday's Premier League opener.
- Former England and Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour is expecting Arsene Wenger to sign at least two more players.
BRAZIL: Host nation Brazil finally broke out of an Olympics scoring slump to beat Denmark 4-0 and advance out of the group stages. Argentina crashed out at the group stage after drawing with Honduras 1-1 in Brasilia. In addition to Argentina, defending Olympic champions Mexico were eliminated after falling 1-0 to South Korea.
- Galatasaray are keen to re-sign Manchester City defender Jason Denayer this summer but are reportedly facing competition from Arsenal.
- Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has said he advised new Manchester City signing Leroy Sane to move to the Premier League.
MAN UNITED: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said that his former club Chelsea have an advantage in the Premier League title race because they are not involved in any European competition, while adding that the Champions League is "empty" without the Red Devils in the mix.
- Anders Lindegaard has told 888 Sport that Manchester United are now "a different club" after the world-record signing of Paul Pogba.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic could "create a lot of problems" at Manchester United if he is not established as the club's No. 1 striker, former Sweden international Pontus Kamark has told the Daily Mirror.
TOTTENHAM: Tottenham Hotspur captain Hugo Lloris told the Daily Telegraph there is "no reason" why the club should not win a trophy this season, despite the huge spending of rivals such as Manchester United and Manchester City.
WATFORD: Walter Mazzarri has forbidden his Watford players to follow his lead and take up smoking. At his unveiling, the Premier League side's new manager also said the club plans to sign "two or three'' more players.
VILLARREAL: Villarreal have announced the surprise departure of coach Marcelino just a week before their Champions League playoff round first-leg clash with Monaco.
Come back to ESPN FC's What's Trending page for more of the latest news from the football world every weekday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.