HARRISON, N.J. -- New York Red Bulls defender Chris Duvall will miss three to four months after having surgery to repair a broken leg.
The Red Bulls announced that Duvall had surgery on Thursday, less than 24 hours after he was hurt in the second half of a 4-1 win over the New York Cosmos in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
MLS POWER RANKINGS
- June 29: Sounders tumble; Sporting KC peak
- June 22: Sounders stay top; D.C. on the rise
- June 15: Seattle's rout of Dallas keeps it at first
- June 8: Kansas City challenges Seattle at the top
- June 1: Seattle still first, Galaxy make their move
- May 25: Seattle Sounders the team to beat
- May 18: Sounders climb into first place
The surgery was on a tibia but the team did not say which leg.
Duvall has been a regular on the Red Bulls back line since being drafted in the second round out of Wake Forest in...
Dom Dwyer scored four times as Sporting Kansas City crushed FC Dallas 6-2 to move on following their U.S. Open Cup fifth round match.
Dwyer got things going in the fifth minute heading home from close range, then added two more in the first half to put the game out of reach before Dallas ever had a chance to get in the game.
It was a record-setting night for Dwyer, as no SKC player has ever scored four goals for the club in any competition.
FC Dallas got second-half goals from Michael Barrios...