Trending: Real Madrid make initial contact with Juventus over Paul Pogba
Here are the latest stories for Wednesday.
REAL MADRID: Real Madrid have made initial contact with Juventus over Paul Pogba, sources have told ESPN FC. Earlier in the day, Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane made it known that the club are not giving up on signing the midfielder this summer, saying "anything can happen" before the transfer deadline.
JUVENTUS: Juventus completed the signing of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli after activating the striker's €90 million release clause in the most expensive transfer ever in Italian football.
ROMA: Roma captain Francesco Totti has slammed the big-money moves of players in Serie A and claims the new breed of footballers are all about money instead of passion. He said: "Just look at what happened with Higuain, leaving Napoli for Juventus. It's a disaster."
NAPOLI: Following the Serie A record sale of Gonzalo Higuain to Juventus, Napoli have moved swiftly to bid for the services of Mauro Icardi and Arkadiusz Milik from Inter Milan and Ajax Amsterdam respectively.
- Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis believes that the word "betrayal" is the best way of describing Gonzalo Higuain's transfer to Juventus.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan says the memory of his father keeps fuelling his desire to succeed as he prepares for his first season in the Premier League with Manchester United.
- Manchester United's new striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic revealed that he turned down David Beckham and MLS for a chance to work with his "good friend" Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.
- Arsenal centre-back Per Mertesacker will be sidelined for "a few months" with a knee injury, Arsene Wenger has confirmed, leaving the Gunners with a depleted defence for the start of the season.
MAN CITY: Pep Guardiola has warned his Manchester City players they won't even train with the first team if they're not in top shape.
- Manchester City are in talks with Everton over a deal for John Stones, sources have told ESPN FC.
- Javier Mascherano is set to extend his contract with Barcelona, ending speculation of a move to Juventus.
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi is among the 10 players who have made UEFA's shortlist for the 2015-16 Goal of the Season award, covering last season's European club competitions and the Euro 2016 finals.
- Conte admits he's inherited a club in a "very strange" situation as he looks to rebuild the Blues into a European force once again.
- New York City FC midfielder Andrea Pirlo says that the team is going through a good moment, but warned, "We still haven't accomplished anything yet."
- The Seattle Sounders have signed Uruguay international midfielder Nicolas Lodeiro to a Designated Player contract.
COPA AMERICA: Clint Dempsey called the performance of the United States at last month's Copa America Centenario "a great experience, something I'll be able to tell my kids and grandkids about."
Idrissa Gueye: Only N'Golo Kante made more tackles and interceptions combined in Europe's top 5 leagues last season than Gueye (285) #EFC- WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) July 26, 2016
Make sure to come back again every weekday for more of the same.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.