Previous
Chelsea
Swansea City
3
1
FT
Game Details
Everton
Sunderland
2
0
FT
Game Details
Watford
West Ham United
1
1
FT
Game Details
Bayern Munich
Hamburg SV
8
0
FT
Game Details
SC Freiburg
Borussia Dortmund
0
3
FT
Game Details
Guingamp
AS Monaco
1
2
FT
Game Details
Real Betis
Sevilla FC
1
2
FT
Game Details
Napoli
Atalanta
0
2
FT
Game Details
Juventus
Empoli
2
0
FT
Game Details
América
Cruz Azul
3:00 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

FUTEBOL BRASILEIRO

2016/2017 Season

POS TEAM W D L PTS
2 Santos FC 22 5 11 71
3 Flamengo 20 11 7 71
4 Atlético MG 17 11 10 62
View Full Table »

Ex-Flamengo keeper Bruno granted right to remain at liberty

Bruno Flamengo
Bruno was sentenced to 22 years in prison back in 2013.

RIO DE JANEIRO -- A former Brazilian goalkeeper jailed for the killing of one of his girlfriends and the kidnapping of her son has been granted the right to remain at liberty until his last appeal is considered.

Bruno Fernandes de Souza, known as Bruno, was sentenced in 2013 to 22 years in prison after he confessed he had ordered a friend to murder Eliza Samudio and conceal her body.

Bruno, who starred for Rio de Janeiro-based Flamengo, is yet to leave the prison situated in Santa Luzia, a city...

ESPN FC  By ESPN staff

Fan dies after violence prior to Botafogo-Flamengo in Rio de Janeiro

Botafogo play their home games at the Nilton Santos Stadium.

A supporter died following violence before Botafogo's meeting with Flamengo in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday.

Authorities announced that Diego Silva dos Santo, 28, died nearby Botafogo's Nilton Santos Stadium -- also known as the Engenhao -- and the club condemned the violence which preceded the match.

"The Municipal Health Secretariat informs that eight men were taken to the Salgado Filho Municipal Hospital as victims of the violence or gunshots in clashes near the Engenhao," the Secretariat said in...

 By Ian Holyman

Monaco complete signing of Brazilian full-back Jorge from Flamengo

Monaco's new signing, Brazilian full-back Jorge, says he chose the club over many other offers.

Monaco have beaten off competition from Manchester City, Liverpool and Inter Milan to sign full-back Jorge from Flamengo.

The trio of European clubs had all been linked to the 20-year-old Brazilian, who has been dubbed "the new Roberto Carlos."

However, Monaco have won the race to sign him from Flamengo, reportedly paying €8.5 million to the Brazilian club for his services.

Jorge, who won his first senior Brazil cap last week, has signed a contract through to June 2021 with the Principality...

ESPN FC  By ESPN staff

Flamengo confirm sale of left-back Jorge to Monaco

Jorge Flamengo
Jorge has been a regular starter for Flamengo since 2015.

Flamengo have confirmed the sale of Brazil international left-back Jorge to Monaco.

No details regarding the terms or length of contract have been revealed by either club.

Jorge, 20, had been a regular starter for the Brazilian giants since 2015, and made his first appearance for the Selecao in Wednesday's 1-0 friendly defeat of Colombia in Rio de Janeiro.

A Brazil youth...

 By John Duerden

Oscar has big shoes to fill after Conca's exit from Shanghai SIPG

Jason Dasey and PJ Roberts discuss Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's link to Shanghai SIPG and its potential impact in Asia.
Paul Mariner acknowledges the fortune Oscar will receive for his CSL move, but says it will diminish his impact on the game.
Jason Dasey and Tampines Rovers striker Fazrul Nawaz discuss the impact Carlos Tevez and Oscar can have on Asian football.

With all the headlines of famous players moving to the Chinese Super League, the departure of a South American star in the opposite direction was lost a little, but Dario Conca's time in China stands out.

If new arrivals like Carlos Tevez, Oscar or anyone else is able to command the influence and acclaim that Conca gathered during his time in China, then their reported wages will not be looking quite so astronomical. There may have been a few issues off the field, and run-ins with coaches and club,...