The Chicago Fire have traded forward Quincy Amarikwa to the San Jose Earthquakes for defender Ty Harden.
Amarikwa had a career year in 2014, reaching career highs in scoring, assists, starts and games. But the former Earthquakes draft pick was deemed surplus to requirements this season, given Chicago's number of quality attacking options.
MLS POWER RANKINGS
- June 29: Sounders tumble; Sporting KC peak
- June 22: Sounders stay top; D.C. on the rise
- June 15: Seattle's rout of Dallas keeps it at first
- June 8: Kansas City challenges Seattle at the top
- June 1: Seattle still first, Galaxy make their move
- May 25: Seattle Sounders the team to beat
- May 18: Sounders climb into first place
"We know Quincy well and we are happy to bring him to San Jose," Earthquakes manager Dominic Kinnear said in a club statement. "We think he will come here and...