What's trending: Chelsea boss Conte addresses media, Pogba future unclear
Here are the latest stories for Thursday.
CHELSEA: New Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has said John Terry will remain club captain this season regardless of whether he is on the pitch.
- Conte accepts it will be "very, very difficult" to win the Premier League but hopes he can upset the odds, saying there is a "small flame flickering that can grow into a blazing inferno."
- New Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic could miss the club's preseason tour of China this week, according to multiple reports.
- Marko Grujic was the star of the show as Liverpool ran out 5-0 winners in their second preseason friendly against Fleetwood Town on Wednesday night.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was pleased with what he saw from new recruit Grujic in his side's victory.
- Klopp has admitted that "decisions" have to be made about midfielder Joe Allen.
BARCELONA: La Liga president Javier Tebas has spoken out in support of Lionel Messi, saying that he does not consider the Barcelona star "a criminal."
- Real Madrid have been overtaken by the NFL's Dallas Cowboys as the world's most valuable sports team, according to Forbes magazine.
- Ronaldo finished off a memorable week by being honoured with the ESPY for Best International Athlete.
175/156 - N'Golo Kanté made more tackles (175) and interceptions (156) than any other player in the @premierleague last season. Coveted.- OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 13, 2016
Come back again for the more of the same every weekday.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.