Werder Bremen have reached an agreement with AZ Alkmaar for U.S. international Aron Johannsson.
Johannsson, 24, is to undergo a medical at Bundesliga club Werder after reportedly agreeing personal terms with a view to completing a €5 million transfer.
Alkmaar rejected an initial offer the forward but were willing to continue negotiations.
Alkmaar have allowed United States international Aron Johannsson to talk to Bundesliga club Werder Bremen, AZ have confirmed.
Bremen have been in the market for a new attacker ever since the somewhat surprising departure of Franco Di Santo, who left for Schalke just over a week ago. The four-time Bundesliga champions also had to let go of Davie Selke earlier this summer, when then Germany youth international signed for second-tier club RB Leipzig.
- Angel Di Maria 'happy to join PSG' as move nears
- Stoke sign teenage midfielder Molina from Real Madrid
- Augsburg sign Karlsruher's Max as Baba Rahman nears exit
- Liverpool loan Ojo to Wolves | Konchesky joins QPR on loan
- Balotelli moving to MLS? | Can Allegri keep Juve on top?
- FC TV: Pedro is still a sub | Would you rather Bony or Falcao?
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Watford have signed winger Steven Berghuis from AZ Alkmaar as their summer overhaul continues.
Berghuis, who can play on either flank, has signed a four-year contract after moving for a reported £4.5 million fee.
He has represented Netherlands at under-21 and was called up to the senior squad for the first time last month.