Athletic Bilbao centre-back Aymeric Laporte would consider playing for Spain if he doesn't get called by France before the European Championships next summer.
France has never summoned the 21-year-old for senior duty, but he has featured regularly at youth level, captaining all of the various categories. Aymeric has lived in Bilbao since he was 15 and is eligible to play for Spain, whose senior side has been hit by injuries at his particular position.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: Klopp impresses; Platini must convince; Euros
- Evans: Klopp's burden of expectations | Presser review
- Cox: Watching football on Non-League Day | Spurs top 4?
- Delaney: Roman backs Mourinho | Miller: Int'l break woe
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- FC TV: Argentina lost without Messi | Who will win Euro 16?
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Should Vicente del Bosque request Laporte's...