Previous
Southampton
Derby County
11:45 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

Transfer Talk: Man Utd prepping bid for Coutinho

Transfer Talk
Read

LIVE Transfer Talk: Chelsea's Alvaro Morata offers himself to Barcelona

Stevie Nicol weighs in on the latest transfer rumours including Marcus Rashford or Alvaro Morata to Milan, Miguel Almiron to Newcastle and more.

The transfer window for Europe's biggest clubs might be closed, but they are still working tirelessly behind the scenes to line up the arrival of their next star. Transfer Talk has been scouring the world's media to see who could be heading to your club when Jan. 1 arrives.

TOP STORY: Morata offers himself to Barcelona

Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has offered his services to Barcelona ahead of the summer transfer window, according RAC1. That should go down well with fans of his former club Real Madrid...

The Catalan radio station claims that there have already been initial meetings in London to sound out a potential transfer, with the former Real academy product reportedly keen on playing at Camp Nou.

RAC 1 says that Barcelona's priority for the summer transfer window is to sign a centre-back but they are also considering bolstering their attack, with sources telling ESPN that the club are thinking about a long-term replacement for 31-year-old Luis Suarez. 

RAC1 says that the negotiations between Morata's camp and Barcelona are at an initial stage but the radio station adds that the Spain international is not happy at Chelsea and sees Real Madrid's rivals as an attractive place to try to resurrect his career.

LIVE BLOG

23.30 GMT: That will close out Transfer Talk LIVE blog for the day. We hope you enjoyed it and remind you to check back shortly for the latest rumours, rumblings and reports from around the globe. Good night!

23.19 GMT: Bayer Leverkusen starlet Kai Havertz is one of the best teenagers in the world and soon could be poised to make the jump up to a truly elite European club.

As is the case with most top German talents, Bayern Munich have long been thought to be the eventual favourites to land the Leverkusen midfielder. The difference now is that the 19-year-old is now being linked with Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid as well, if a report in Diario Sport citing Sport Bild is to be believed.

Havertz is one of Germany's top young talents and this season already has four goals and two assists to his name in the Bundesliga. Could German football really lose one of its top young talents to a foreign giant abroad?

Having already been linked with Man City and PSG, it looks as if Havertz could be spoiled for choice, whenever that decision day comes. For now, though, he is a Bayer Leverkusen player and Leverkusen supporters will hope that is the case for at least a little bit longer!

22.31 GMT: Does Chelsea have a leg up in the race for Cagliari and Italy wonder boy Nico Barella?

Reports from Cagliari-based paper Unione Sarda, via football.london, have linked Chelsea with a €45 million move for the 21-year-old all-round midfielder, who has also been rumoured with Manchester United.

One thing to keep in mind is that Chelsea assistant Gianfranco Zola worked with the youngster during his brief spell at Cagliari, even handing Barella his senior debut in the Coppa Italia vs. Parma in Jan. 2015. Could that be an advantage? Only time will tell.

Barella, who has made four appearances for Italy, is widely considered one of the country's brightest young talents and earlier this year was even called "One of the best players in Italy" by none other than Andrea Pirlo.

Barella will be a hot name in January and maybe into the summer. We'll see if Zola's past relationship with the player can shift the balance towards Chelsea.

21.40 GMT: -- DONE DEAL -- The New York Red Bulls have signed defender and United States international Tim Parker to a multi-year contract extension.

The 25-year-old New Yorker joined the Red Bulls via trade in March and was a key cog in a NYRB defense that conceded an MLS-low 33 goals.

21.03 GMT: Rafa Benitez and Newcastle are reportedly set to return from Benfica midfielder Andreas Samaris.

After a move for the 29-year-old fell through in the summer, the Daily Mirror reports that Newcastle intend to go back for the Greek.

The holding midfielder has been capped 33 times for his nation and has been at Benfica signing from Olympiakos back in 2014. Benitez has been vocal in the past about Newcastle needing to open up the pocket books. We'll see if he gets his man in Samaris the second time around.

20.00 GMT: Both Fulham and Cardiff are going to need help in January if they hope to avoid relegation this season and reports out of England have the two set to do battle over one English Championship ace in particular.

That player is Hull City winger Jarrod Bowen. The 21-year-old is the Tigers joint-top scorer with six goals this season and has been linked with a move away from the KCOM before.

Valued at around £5 million, Bowen has also produced 3 assists and created 22 chances this season for a Hull side that could struggle to avoid the drop in the Championship.

19.02 GMT: Tottenham eyeing Real Madrid starlet Marco Asensio?

Spanish outlet Marca, claims that Tottenham have approached Madrid recently about the youngster. Marca also writes that Mauricio Pochettino has identified the Spaniard, 22, as a potential replacement if Christian Eriksen is lured away from England for higher wages.

After not spending a penny on a player this summer, Tottenham figure to be busy in January, but Real Madrid giving up on a Spanish talent like Asensio so soon seems highly unlikely.

18.05 GMT: MLS new boys FC Cincinnati are set to make a splash by signing experienced international goalkeeper Przemyslaw Tyton, according to multiple sources.

The 31-year-old Pole has 14 caps for his nation and has club experience in Poland, Holland, Germany and most recently Spain, where he played the last two seasons for Deportivo La Coruna.

Tyton will be expected to be the No.1 for FC Cincinnati, who will play their first season in the top flight in 2019-20 and will be encouraged by the success of recent expansion sides LAFC and champions Atlanta United.

17.10 GMT: The Metro are running reports from Brazil that Manchester United's intentions of bringing in a centre-back will see them step up their interest in Eder Militao.

16.30 GMT: Calciomercato write that Zenit have asked Milan to pay €35m in order to land Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes.

The former Roma man was linked to Europe's biggest clubs before joining Zenit in 2017.

15.35 GMT: Ahead of their strongest title challenge in years, Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has ruled out selling the likes of Christian Pulisic and Julian Weigl in January.

"We won't give away important players, who are crucial for reaching our goals," he told Bild. "I'd like to think that Christian will also wear the BVB jersey in February."

14.47 GMT: The Shields Gazette are running reports from Paraguay that Atlanta United midfielder Miguel Almiron is edging closer to a move to Newcastle.

Almiron was instrumental in Atlanta's MLS Cup victory, and has proved to be one of the best players in the league.

14.12 GMT: Bild reported that new Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl talked to Brighton midfielder Pascal Gross.

Now, the Daily Express write that Southampton are interested in signing the German playmaker, who worked under Hasenhuttl at Ingolstadt.

13.38 GMT: Maurizio Sarri faced a big decision in 2016 when he was Napoli boss. When new star striker Arkadiusz Milik suffered a serious knee injury, he was pretty much out of options up front. So he stuck Dries Mertens there.

Ever since, the Belgium international has become one of Europe's top marksmen, and he did not rule out a reunion with Sarri at Chelsea when talking to The Times.

13.13 GMT: After being released by Olympiakos three months into his return to Greece, Yaya Toure is eyeing a return to the Premier League, Sky Sports report.

Another one for Manuel Pellegrini's Manchester City reunion at West Ham, maybe?

12.45 GMT: West Ham have extended the contract of captain Mark Noble to 2021.

"I've been at this club all my life -- I've always said I wanted to be at this club and I think we're moving in the right direction, so it was the right time to do it," Noble said of exercising the option to extend his contract.

The 31-year-old midfielder has made 11 appearances for the club this season, helping them to three wins from their last three Premier League games.

Noble is looking to end his playing career as a one-club man and wants to contribute at the east London club in some capacity even after his deal expires.

"To be honest, I haven't done my coaching badges," he said in a statement. "I'd love to be involved somewhere though.

12.27 GMT: Inter Milan's failure to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League could see Real Madrid reignite their interest in Mauro Icardi, according to AS.

Icardi visited the Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday for the Copa Libertadores final, angering Inter fans as he had to play against PSV Eindhoven just two days later.

11.55 GMT: On Tuesday, Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic dropped strong hints that Franck Ribery will next summer leave the Bundesliga champions after 12 years at the club.

He said that amid a "year of change" at the club which will also see Arjen Robben leave, it looks like the former France international will not be offered a new contract.

But Ribery said he has not given up all hope to remain at Bayern for another year. "Let's see," he told Bild. "I feel good, don't have any problems. It's important for me to have fun. The rest is not an issue. No stress!"

11.29 GMT: Sources close to Brahim Diaz have told ESPN FC the Manchester City youngster is another step closer to a January transfer to Real Madrid, with the positions of all involved in the deal coming together.

Out of contract next June, Brahim, 19, has barely featured for City this season and is keen to move in January in order to play more regular football.

On Wednesday morning, Marca claimed that Brahim "has decided to join Real Madrid" and that Madrid have offered a €10m fee to do a deal now, while City are holding out for €20m for a player they could lose for free next summer.

Sources told ESPN FC the details of the negotiations between the two clubs involved were not a matter they could comment on.

11.05 GMT: Injury to Rob Holding could force Arsenal into buying a centre-back in the January window, and sources have told ESPN FC that they are targeting Manchester United's Eric Bailly and Chelsea captain Gary Cahill.

Will Arsenal be able to convince their Champions League rivals to help them out?

10.34 GMT: Ajax manager Erik ten Hag has vowed to fight for his players as rumours of big clubs eyeing several key starters continue.

Frenkie de Jong has been strongly linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain, while Matthijs de Ligt, Hakim Ziyech and David Neres have all been touted to leave the club.

"I will fight for my players," Ten Hag told Sport Bild. "I rather not give away more than three players next summer. Otherwise, it'll be difficult to have permanent success."

10.01 GMT: It's been quite some year for Benjamin Pavard. Having won the World Cup with France in the summer, he now finds himself in a relegation battle with club side Stuttgart.

Interest from Bayern Munich remains strong, but a move to the Allianz Arena in the January window has been ruled out by both sides.

09.36 GMT: Real Madrid's reported interest in River Plate midfielder Exequiel Palacios dates back to before he won the Copa Libertadores at the Santiago Bernabeu last weekend.

However, he is set to stay with the Argentine club until at least the summer, after all parties reached an agreement that he will not move in the January window.

09.06 GMT: Fresh from their Champions League draw with Tottenham, Barcelona and Ivan Rakitic have hit back at reports that the player has an agreement to be sold in the summer for less than his €125m release clause, Mundo Deportivo report.

08.27 GMT: TyC Sports report that Boca Juniors have received a formal offer from Ajax for their central defender Lisandro Magallan. The Dutch giants tried to sign the 25-year-old this summer but were unsuccessful and have now made a €9m bid to sign the La Plata-born player this month.

08.00 GMT: Tottenham forward Fernando Llorente is open to a return to his former side Athletic Bilbao. The Spaniard has had limited playing time at Spurs, but is tied to the club until next summer, with an option to extend the deal for a further year.

"My priority is to feel important in a team," Llorente told Cadena Ser after Tuesday's Champions League 1-1 draw with Barcelona. "If I have the opportunity and they [Athletic] speak to me, yes I would like to return. I have the option to remain [at Tottenham] a further season. To leave in the winter transfer window does not depend on me, Athletic would have to talk to Tottenham and to [its chairman Daniel] Levy." 

PAPER TALK (by Matt Gault, Football Whispers)

Chelsea eye Suarez as Cesc replacement

With Cesc Fabregas tipped to join AC Milan, Chelsea have stepped up their interest in wantaway Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez.

As per The Mirror, the former Manchester City youngster is on Chelsea's radar having struggled to nail down a place under Ernesto Valverde at the Camp Nou.

Suarez replaced Ousmane Dembele during Barca's Champions League draw with Tottenham on Wednesday night, but has featured just once in La Liga this term. The 24-year-old would cost Maurizio Sarri's side approximately £15 million.

United tracking Boro youngster Tavernier

Manchester United have expressed interest in Middlesbrough winger Marcus Tavernier, according to the Daily Mail.

The 19-year-old England youth international has just a handful of professional games under his belt at club level and would be expected to link up with United's U23 side.

A product of Boro's youth academy, Tavernier isn't a guaranteed starter under Tony Pulis, but caught the eye recently when he scored in successive Championship games against Brentford and Preston.

Barca and Spurs leading Rabiot race

Paris Saint-Germain contract rebel Adrien Rabiot will hold one final meeting with the French champions regarding his future and, according to Paris United. Barcelona and Tottenham are heading the queue for the 23-year-old's signature should he fail to agree an extension.

Rabiot has reportedly rejected multiple contract offers from Les Parisiens but will not be short of suitors if he chooses to leave the French capital.

Barca sporting director Eric Abidal is prepared to pay Rabiot over £9m a year and, while Spurs remain keen on the midfielder, they are unlikely to match the Catalan club's contract offer.

£22m Silva among those tipped for Foxes exit

Portugal international Adrien Silva is one of four players heading for the Leicester City exit door in January.

The Mirror says Claude Puel is also prepared to offload Yohan Benalouane, Andy King and Danny Simpson, all of whom were part of the club's title win in 2016.

But Silva, who cost the Foxes £22m when they signed him from Sporting Lisbon, has failed to make an impression at the King Power Stadium and hasn't started a Premier League game since the defeat to Manchester United in August.

Newcastle to revive Samaris interest

The Mirror claims Newcastle will attempt to sign Benfica midfielder Andreas Samaris for the second time when the window reopens in January.

The Magpies chased the Greek international's signature in the summer, but balked at Benfica's £10m asking price.

With the 29-year-old's contract in Lisbon set to expire next summer, however, Newcastle are confident of securing a cut-price deal.

Football Whispers' top-five emerging whispers

Football Whispers' transfer algorithm gives the likelihood of rumours happening a score out of five.

Nabil Fekir to Chelsea -- 2.9

The Blues are prepared to rival Bayern Munich for the Frenchman's signature. Fekir, who was close to joining Liverpool in the summer, is widely expected to leave Lyon and, with Eden Hazard continually linked to Real Madrid, the 25-year-old playmaker would help fill the creative void if the Belgian departs for Spain.

Pascal Gross to Liverpool -- 2.7

The Brighton midfielder has been linked with a shock £15m move to Anfield. Gross, one of the bargains of the Premier League last season, has endured an injury-hit second campaign at Brighton, but has a high-profile admirer in Jurgen Klopp, who is keen to strengthen Liverpool's midfield as he tries to guide the club to their first title in 29 years.

Florian Thauvin to Inter -- 2.1

The former Newcastle United winger has emerged as an Inter transfer target. Thauvin is reportedly keen to leave Marseille in search of Champions League football and has also attracted interest from Atletico Madrid and Chelsea. The 25-year-old scored 26 goals in all competitions to help the Ligue 1 side to the Europa League final last season and has continued that fine form this term with 11 goals in 15 games.

Jean-Kevin Augustin to Everton -- 2.3

The RB Leipzig striker has been linked with a £40m move to Goodison Park. Augustin has struggled for regular starts under Ralf Rangnick at the Red Bull Arena this season and could become the Toffees' latest eye-catching addition as Marco Silva aims to bolster his strikeforce.

Pablo to Manchester United -- 2.3

Reports in Brazil have linked the Bordeaux defender to the Red Devils as Jose Mourinho's search for a new central defender continues. Pablo's impressive recent form earned him his first cap for Brazil in October and Mourinho has apparently asked United scouts for an update on the 27-year-old's progress.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.