Transfer Talk: Alexis Sanchez mulling Manchester United exit
The transfer window for all of Europe's big five leagues is closed, but that doesn't stop Transfer Talk from rummaging around about who will be moving where come January.
TOP STORY: Sanchez contemplating Man Utd exit
Alexis Sanchez is giving serious thought to leaving Manchester United, just nine months after joining the club from Arsenal in a £30 million move.
The Daily Mail claims that the Chile international's representatives have already begun sounding out potential suitors to gauge the level of interest in the 29-year-old among bigger Champions League clubs.
Sanchez has found himself out of the starting XI in over half United's games so far this season, with rumours of low morale and a fractious relationship with manager Jose Mourinho continuing to circulate.
However, even if the forward decides to push for an early exit, there is next to no chance that any European club would be willing to match the £450,000-a-week wages he currently earns at Old Trafford.
20.27 BST: Celtic captain Scott Brown is out of contract next summer, and Western Melbourne -- who will find out this month if they've been successful in their bid to join the A-League -- have identified the Scotland international as the marquee signing to herald their debut campaign in the Australian top flight should it materialise, according to the Mail.
19.18 BST: With Juan Foyth desperate for minutes since arriving at Tottenham in August 2017, the Argentina U20 centre-back could be looking for first-team football come the January window. Enter Leeds United, reports AS Argentina, who states that Marcelo Bielsa is keen on bringing his countryman to the Championship on loan.
18.09 BST: Despite his name being mentioned as part of the cadre of players set to sign extensions at Manchester United, Anthony Martial has no plans to commit his future to the club, and maintains his desire to leave Old Trafford, according to the Mirror.
17:00 BST: And talking of contracts, the Telegraph reports that Leicester and England defender Ben Chilwell is poised to sign a new deal with the Foxes, who are "confident of putting the finishing touches to negotiations over the next 48 hours."
16:30 BST: Rui Patricio could soon be a Wolves player full time as the Midlands club close in on a £15 million deal with Sporting Lisbon, the Mail reports.
15:00 BST: Barcelona have no plans to re-sign Neymar, despite reports this week that they are keen to bring the Brazil international back to Camp Nou.
He has been regularly linked with Real Madrid -- who denied making a move for him in the summer -- since leaving Barca for Paris Saint-Germain for €222 million in 2017, but Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo said on Wednesday he has told Barca he wants them to take him back.
However, Barca vice president Jordi Cardoner said that is not an issue that has been broached by the club's hierarchy.
13:30 BST: Andreas Christensen will ask to leave Chelsea in January if he continues to struggle for first-team opportunities, his father and agent has said.
Maurizio Sarri has employed a back four and returned David Luiz to the starting XI alongside Antonio Rudiger, leaving Christensen -- who broke into the team at the expense of Luiz under Antonio Conte last season -- out.
12:45 BST: Former Brazil defender Juliano Belletti has told Cadena Ser he does not believe Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar will end up moving to the Bernabeu but does not think he will stay a PSG player for long.
"I never imagined Neymar with Real Madrid," he said. "His relationship with Barcelona was short but intense. For now, I can see him returning to Barca more than any other move. I do not think that he will stay with PSG for long. Their sporting project is very good, but I do not see him staying long-term. Nothing is impossible in football, but I think that he could bring a lot of things back to Barca."
11:45 BST: Barcelona goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen has said Ajax duo Matthijs de Ligt and Frenkie de Jong would be keen to play for the club.
Sources have told ESPN FC that Barca are interested in singing De Ligt and De Jong as they target a new centre-back and midfielder, with reports saying they could cost up to €130 million.
11:20 BST: Following reports that both Manchester United and Tottenham are interested in Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake -- although his old club Chelsea have first refusal to buy him back - Cherries boss Eddie Howe has said the speculation is "a good sign that he's doing well, but that doesn't mean we're about to lose him."
EH: "Nathan Ake being linked away is a good sign that he's doing well, but that doesn't mean we're about to lose him. He's such a good character so it won't affect him."#afcb 🍒— AFC Bournemouth 🍒 (@afcbournemouth) October 19, 2018
10:40 BST: Does Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho face more frustration in his ongoing search for a new central defender? Well, maybe not, according to the Mirror, which reports that Inter Milan's Milan Skriniar is "delaying on signing a new contract" amid interest from Old Trafford.
09:45 BST: Ciro Immobile, interviewed by Sky Sport, says he had opportunities to leave Lazio in the summer but "stayed despite having much better offers."
08:55 BST: Barcelona really caused a stir in the summer when they gazumped Roma for the signing of midfielder Malcom from Bordeaux. So could he already be on his way out of the Camp Nou?
According to Catalonia-based daily Sport, Tottenham are interested in taking the Brazilian off Barca's hand for €50 million in the January transfer window. Arsenal and Inter Milan are also linked with moves for Malcom, who has has made just two appearances for his new club so far this season, although they are only interested in a loan move.
08.00 BST: Ahead of the Milan derby on Sunday, AC Milan winger Suso has revealed that rivals Inter twice attempted to persuade him to cross the divide and play in their colours. The 24-year-old told ESPN FC: "Look, I'm going to tell you something. Write it as I say it. This summer there was an opportunity... There was an offer to go to Inter and [Milan's former sporting director Massimiliano] Mirabelli was aware of it.
"It surprised me a little when he said publicly he didn't know anything about it. He did. We spoke to him about it. But as I said, my intention was to always stay here. I am very, very happy."
When asked whether Inter had also come knocking the summer before while the Spain international held talks with Milan about a contract extension, Suso replied: "Yes, exactly. Twice."
Sarri chooses Morata replacements
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri is keen to replace Alvaro Morata at the head of his attack and has given the club two names to choose from.
The Sun reckons Sarri has "lost patience" with Morata and requested that the Blues pursue a deal for either Mauro Icardi or Patrick Cutrone in January in his quest to find a reliable 20-goal-a-season striker.
Icardi has scored five goals in eight appearances for Inter Milan this season, while 20-year-old Cutrone has three goals in six for cross-city rivals AC Milan.
Apparently Icardi is top of Sarri's wish list, but it's highly unlikely that Chelsea will be willing to stump up the £90 million required to trigger his release clause.
That leaves Cutrone, who, while also attracting interest from Tottenham, would be a relative snip at just £25m.
Arsenal after Liverpool's Moreno
Arsenal have emerged as surprise contenders to sign Alberto Moreno, with Liverpool reportedly resigned to losing the Spanish left-back at the end of the season.
As per the Daily Mirror, Moreno has eight months left on his contract at Anfield and has signalled that he has no intention of extending his stay.
This news has piqued interest around Europe, with the Gunners said to be just one of several top clubs mulling the prospect of picking up the 26-year-old on a free transfer.
Meanwhile, Liverpool are planning to replace the outbound Moreno with promising Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell, who can count Jurgen Klopp as one of his biggest admirers.
- West Ham are interested in Santiago Arias, the Colombian international right-back who has made just three appearances for Atletico Madrid since joining the Spanish club in July, says Mundo Deportivo.
Genoa forward Krzysztof Piatek has said he is ready to face Juventus, who have been linked with a winter move for him, at the weekend and added: "We'll talk about the transfer market later -- for now, I'm thinking of Genoa."