Transfer Talk: Everton ready to sell Wayne Rooney after failed return
Clubs are slowly turning their eyes toward the summer window. Transfer Talk has updates on all the latest rumours.
Rooney up for sale
Wayne Rooney has endured a tough time since returning to Everton, and the Mirror says the Toffees are open to selling the striker in the summer.
Despite scoring 10 goals in 31 Premier League appearances, Rooney's recent performances have come into question, with Everton's coaching staff apparently unconvinced by the 32-year-old's ability to make a meaningful impact.
Chairman Bill Kenwright could also step aside from his role at Goodison Park as majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri prepares for a summer shake-up.
The owner's plans could also spell the end of Sam Allardyce's reign, with Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca, former Watford boss Marco Silva and Bournemouth's Eddie Howe all mentioned as possible replacements.
Man United step up left-back search
Jose Mourinho is busy narrowing down his search for a new left-back, with two names leading the Manchester United manager's shortlist.
According to the Sun, Juventus defender Alex Sandro and Tottenham's Danny Rose are Mourinho's ideal choices to replace Luke Shaw and provide competition for Ashley Young next season.
Juve apparently want £70 million for Alex Sandro, who was linked with Chelsea last year, while it's thought United will try and drive a hard bargain for Rose following his year on the sidelines at Spurs.
Mourinho is also eyeing Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney, but the Sun says the Red Devils face competition from Spurs and Bournemouth for the youngster.
Tierney wrapped up his third consecutive Scottish Premiership title on Sunday and is valued at £20m.
Barca want Liverpool flop
Barcelona plan to replace Andres Iniesta with former Liverpool flop Luis Alberto, reports Tuttomercatoweb.
The 25-year-old made only 12 appearances during his spell with the Reds, spending two years on loan in Spain before joining Lazio on a permanent deal in 2016.
Alberto has been in fine form this season, however, claiming 11 goals and 13 assists in Serie A to lead Lazio's push for a Champions League place.
That has seen him emerge as a candidate to succeed Iniesta, with Barca prepared to pay up to £35m to get their man in the summer.
- Juventus are Anthony Martial's preferred destination at the end of the season, claims the Mirror. The 22-year-old is set to leave Manchester United after struggling to hold down a first-team spot under Mourinho.
- The Mirror also says that West Brom defender Craig Dawson is a man in demand, with Burnley, Wolves and West Ham preparing to move for the 27-year-old.
- Premier League new boys Wolves are weighing up a £20m bid for Stoke midfielder Joe Allen, according to the Sun. The Potters could be forced to sell the Wales international if they swap places with Wolves and drop into the Championship.
- The Sun also reports that Ajax are chasing Chelsea wonderkid Mason Mount. The 19-year-old has enjoyed an impressive season on loan at Vitesse to attract interest from around Europe.
- Melbourne City are preparing a clearout now that their A-League season is over. Warren Joyce's men were sunk by this Puskas contender from Newcastle's Riley McGree and are now believed to be considering the futures of Michael Jakobsen, Bruce Kamau, Nick Fitzgerald and Ruon Tongyik, among others.