Previous
Manchester City
Borussia Dortmund
ESPN3 1:05 AM UTC
Game Details
Manchester United
América
1
1
FT
Game Details
Ukraine U19
England U19
1
1
FT
Game Details
Turkey U19
France U19
0
5
FT
Game Details
Veracruz
Pumas UNAM
0
0
LIVE 11'
Game Details
Atlas
Querétaro
2:00 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

Behind the numbers for France-Croatia

Five Aside
Read

100 days to the World Cup: Favourites, stars, Mexico's hope

Five Aside
Read

History favours United after goalless 1st leg

Five Aside
Read

Who has Messi scored his goals against?

Five Aside
Read

Coutinho missing more games since Barca saga

Transfers
Read

Five Aside: Messi adds to milestones vs. Real

Five Aside
Read

United aim to avoid Prem away skid

Five Aside
Read

Spurs aim to win UCL group at Dortmund

Five Aside
Read

Arsenal aim to winless run vs. Spurs

Five Aside
Read

Italian soccer is on the brink of disaster

Italy
Read

Audi Player Index: Giovinco's set-piece prowess

Major League Soccer
Read

Tottenham aim to win Champions League group with victory at Dortmund

Already through to the knockout phase, Tottenham Hotspur will look to ensure first place in Group H when they travel to Germany to face Borussia Dortmund in their penultimate group-stage Champions League game on Tuesday.

Spurs, one of only four sides to have already sealed their place in the round of 16, advanced to that stage for the first time since 2010-11 with a 3-1 home victory over Real Madrid on Nov. 1. A victory would be enough to secure first place in the group, and they could also do so should they match Madrid's result at Apoel Nicosia.

Quarterfinalists last season, Dortmund will be eliminated from the competition if they and Apoel do not win on Tuesday. Not only have they failed to win their last six Champions League games, drawing twice and losing four times, Dortmund have scored only one goal in all four games this season.

Tottenham won the first game between the sides on Sept. 13 behind two goals from Harry Kane and one from Son Heung-Min. They enter Tuesday having scored exactly three goals in four of their last five games in the competition, going unbeaten during that run.

In fact, Kane has scored four of Tottenham's last five goals away from home in the Champions League, with the fifth an own goal by Raphael Varane in the 1-1 draw at Real Madrid on Oct. 17.

And, no player has been directly involved in more Champions League goals this season than Kane, who has scored five times with two assists.

Dortmund, who have won two of the three games all time between the sides, have lost at home to an opponent from England only once in their eight previous games in European competition. That was on Nov. 6, 2013, when they lost 1-0 to Arsenal in the group stage of the Champions League.

Only twice since 2003-04 have a team advanced to the round of 16 after taking just two points after four group games. FiveThirtyEight's Soccer Power Index (SPI) gives Dortmund just a 1 percent chance of advancing, with Real Madrid entering Tuesday with a 99 percent chance of moving on.

Follow ESPN Stats & Information on Twitter @ESPNStatsInfo

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.