Premier League 2015-16 season to kick off early on Aug. 8
The Premier League has announced that next season's competition will begin on Aug. 8.
The Premier League season will be followed by the 2016 European Championship, which begins in France on June 10.
The move could allow England manager Roy Hodgson additional time to prepare his side, should they qualify, for the tournament.
The Premier League confirmed the start date via its official Twitter account on Wednesday, though the date for the final day of the season has yet to be announced.
It will not be the earliest start to a Premier League campaign, with that remaining the Aug. 7 opening day of the 1999-2000 season.
ENTER NOW: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Q&A: Time to select your Premier League fantasy squad
- Sign up for our game and challenge your friends
- Join the Fantasy Football Scout league
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues