Liverpool have confirmed the appointment of Jurgen Klopp as their new manager to replace Brendan Rodgers.
Klopp, 48, has signed a three-year contract at Anfield, returning to football after he parted company with Borussia Dortmund at the end of last season.
Gary Cahill believes it was important for Chelsea to express their support for under-fire Jose Mourinho, even if his illustrious track record speaks for itself.
Chelsea now sit 16th in the standings, just months on from them comfortably securing the Premier League crown last season, after Southampton last weekend inflicted their fourth league defeat of the campaign.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Marcotti: FIFA continues to unravel | Blatter, Platini banned
- Cox: Klopp is good for Liverpool | Jolly: Chelsea woes | Quiz
- McIntyre: Klinsmann's test | Marshall: Mexico chaos | Picks
- Hunter: Areas to fix for Barca | Marcotti: Mancini's big plan
- FC TV: Power Rankings | Tension in Madrid? | Prem top four
- Highlights (U.S. only): Premier League | Champions League
- News index | Transfer Talk | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
That run has led the pressure to ratchet up on Chelsea's Portuguese manager -- talk the club attempted to extinguish by surprisingly...