MELBOURNE -- Former Aston Villa and Denmark goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen has signed a two-year deal to play for Melbourne City in Australian football's A-League.
Sorensen, 39, played for Sunderland from 1998 to 2003, Aston Villa from 2003 to 2008 and for Stoke City from 2008 until earlier this year. He played 101 matches for Denmark between 199 and 2012 as the immediate successor to Peter Schmeichel.
- De Gea transfer stalls at deadline? | Twitter reaction
- Martial to join Man United | Leverkusen signs Chicharito
- Draxler completes move to Wolfsburg | Dante too
- Januzaj joins Dortmund on loan | Chelsea in for Djilobodji
- Marcotti: FIFA's TMS a good step towards accountability
- Miller: Premier League's transfer needs | Deadline Day
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The goalkeeper claimed he was attracted to Melbourne by City's ambition to reach the top of Australian...