Arsenal teenager Yassin Fortune signs professional contract
Yassin Fortune has signed his first professional contract with Arsenal after impressing with the club's under-18 team this season.
The 17-year-old forward, who can also play as an attacking midfielder, was brought in from Lens along with Jeff Reine-Adelaide this past summer.
While Reine-Adelaide has earned more attention so far, his fellow Frenchman has scored seven goals in 15 league games for the U18s.
In December, Fortune compared himself to Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck in an interview for the Arsenal matchday programme.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"He is the one I like to watch and learn from today as I play on the left wing and as a striker," Fortune said. "Like Welbeck, I like to play for the team and help create goals, but scoring goals brings the biggest happiness for me. It's a special feeling."
On Monday, 18-year-old winger Aaron Eyoma also signed his first professional contract with Arsenal after progressing through the club's Hale End youth academy.
Mattias is ESPN FC's Arsenal correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @MattiasKaren.