Petr Cech set to start for Arsenal in Champions League against Bayern
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed goalkeeper Petr Cech is set to start against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Tuesday.
David Ospina had been selected ahead of Cech in Arsenal's opening two matches of Group F, both of which ended in defeat.
But with Ospina injured, Cech is due to feature in his first European game for the Gunners since signing from Chelsea in the summer.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
Wenger said: "Ospina is out injured. He has already been out. He came back from Colombia with a shoulder problem and he is out."
Earlier this month, Wenger reacted angrily and threatened to walk out of a news conference after repeated questions about his decision to drop Cech for Ospina in the Champions League defeat to Olympiakos.
Arsenal are currently bottom of their group following their opening two losses while Bayern are top having secured back-to-back wins.
Wenger will also have Gabriel Paulista at his disposal after the defender missed Saturday's 3-0 win at Watford.